This solution applies to the following Iomega® drives:
- Zip® 100MB, 250MB & 750MB
- Jaz® 1GB & 2GB
- Iomega CD-RW / ZipCD / DVD
- PocketZip / Clik!
- Iomega External Portable/Desktop Hard Drive
- Iomega Mini USB drive
Follow the steps below to assign or change the drive letter for your Iomega drive in Windows® XP.
Note: Drive letter assignments for your hard drive, network drive, CD-ROM or DVD drives, may change after installing your Iomega® drive. The steps below can also be used to change the drive letter of your CD-ROM or other drive whose drive letter was changed.
STEP ONE - Log in as the system administrator
You must be logged in as the system administrator in order to change drive letters in Windows XP.
STEP TWO - Open the Disk Management window
- If your drive is removable, insert a disk into the Iomega drive, otherwise continue with the next step.
- Click Start and go to the My Computer icon.
- Right-click the My Computer icon.
- Click Manage.
- Under the Storage category click Disk Management.
STEP THREE - Assign or change the drive letter
- In the upper half of the window, right-click the drive letter assigned to the Iomega drive.
- Click Change drive letter and path.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Assign drive letter drop-down menu and choose an unused drive letter for the Iomega drive.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes to the message that appears.