This solution applies to the following Iomega® drives:
- Zip® 100MB, 250MB & 750MB
- Jaz® 1GB & 2GB
- Iomega CD-RW / ZipCD / DVD
- PocketZip / Clik!
- Iomega External Portable/Desktop Hard Drive
- Iomega Mini USB drive
Follow the steps below to assign or change the drive letter for your Iomega drive in Windows® Me.
Note: Drive letter assignments for your hard drive, network drive, CD-ROM or DVD drives, may change after installing your Iomega® drive. The steps below can also be used to change the drive letter of your CD-ROM or other drive whose drive letter was changed.
STEP ONE - Open the Device Manager
- If your drive is removable, insert a disk into the Iomega drive, otherwise continue with the next step.
- Right-click the My Computer icon.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Device Manager tab.
STEP TWO - Assign or change the drive letter
- Click the plus (+) sign next to Disk drives.
CD-RW drive users: Click the plus (+) sign next to CDROM.
- Right-click the Iomega drive and choose properties.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Go to the Options section and place a check mark in the Removable box.
- Click the drop-down arrow for Start drive letter and change to the desired drive letter.
- Click the drop-down arrow for End drive letter and ensure that it matches the Start drive letter.
- Click OK.
- Click Close to close the Device Manager.
- Restart the computer when prompted.
Iomega Hard Drive users: Once the computer restarts, please go back into the Device Manager and click Removable to remove the check mark from the box.