Please use one of the following methods to back up to your Iomega® Hard Drive.
METHOD ONE - Iomega Backup (PC only)
Please use the following steps to backup to your Iomega Hard Drive using Iomega Backup.
- Click Start, select Programs, choose Iomega Backup and then click The Works.
- Click File and then choose Options.
- Click the Backup tab.
- Select the options for your backup job, a description of the options follows:
- Perform file-by-file auto-compare after the backup: Compares each backed up file with the original copy. Select this option to insure there are no errors in the backup files.
- Catalog backup in Librarian: A copy of the disk catalog is placed in the librarian. The Restore function uses the Librarian to help you find files. Iomega recommends that you use this feature. (This option is selected by default.)
- Backup a copy of the Librarian catalog to the disk: A copy of the librarian catalog is placed on the backup disk in case anything happens to the Librarian.
- Backup system registry: This will back up the system registry options. Selecting this option may substantially increase the backup time.
- None: Fastest backup time but will use more disk space.
- Optimized: Will optimize the amount of space used and the time it takes complete the backup file.
- High: Uses less disk space, but requires more time to complete. (This option is selected by default.)
- If backups already exist on the disk:
- Always append the current backup to the disk: Select this option and the backup information will always be added to the end of the last backup.
- Always overwrite the disk with the current backup: Select this option and the backup will always overwrite information on the disk with current backup information.
- Prompt me to choose between appending and overwriting: Select this option and a prompt box will appear when you begin a backup, giving you the choice between appending and overwriting information on the disk.
- Click the OK button to save the backup options you selected.
- Click the Backup tab.
- Click the plus (+) sign next to My Computer.
- Select the drive(s) or files(s) you wish to backup. A check mark will appear when a directory or file is selected. If the check box is gray, not all of the files are selected within the directory.
Important: You cannot span Iomega Hard Drives. If the backup job is larger than the capacity of the Iomega Hard Drive, the backup job will fail.
- Click File and then Save.
- Type in a name for your backup and then click the Save button.
- Click the Scheduler button.
- Select your backup job from the 'Backup to be scheduled' drop-down list.
- Select how often you want the backup job to run.
- Set the time of day when the backup job is to begin.
- Select whether to Append or Overwrite the information on the disk.
- From the Device drop-down list, select the Iomega Hard Drive as the source for the backup job.
- Click OK on the warning screen.
The Iomega Backup software is now prepared to backup your information.